What do you remember about Easter as a kid? I remember chocolate bunnies, Cadbury eggs and jelly beans. I’m pretty sure I always got one of those shrink wrapped baskets from Walmart, and of course I loved it. Now that I’m a parent, I really enjoy putting together an easter basket myself, if only to see my kiddo get super excited about something other than sugar.
What can you put in an easter basket besides candy and plastic trinkets? Try some of these other easter basket ideas:
DIY Easter Basket Stuffers:
- Make some homemade play dough and put it inside some of your plastic eggs.
- Make a little gardener’s kit with small pots, seeds or seedlings, kids’ gardening gloves, small tools, etc.
- Make some homemade watercolors.
- Make your own bath paints with shaving cream and food coloring (you can order small plastic containers from Amazon).
- Create a springtime art kit with stickers, markers, watercolors, paper, etc.
- Put battery-powered LED lights in plastic eggs for a glow-in-the dark egg hunt. See the how-to at Play at Home Mom.
- For more glowing fun, make a bottle of glow in the dark bubbles. Simply cut open glow sticks (you can usually find these on the dollar aisle at Target, or at the Dollar Store) and add the liquid to the bubble solution.
- Make some homemade fruit roll-ups or cute carrot-shaped pound cake.
Order some high-quality goodies:
I found all of these on Amazon! I wish I could order them all…